Saturday 15 September 2012

American Media Ass Kicking

Here in Britain, much of our mainstream media is biased. It's hard not to be, and I should think that the majority of our populace are intelligent enough to take the content produced by those mediums with a rather large quantity of salt. However, although the less-than-virtuous nature of those outlets is quite well-known; there is still an attempt made by them to keep it secret. It's only courteous.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but can we really say this about our buddies in America?

Almost every US news show I have seen is blatantly biased. Even if you were trying to avoid the obvious cult-like worship of certain media outlets in the country; you couldn't. It's just too obvious.

However, there is some redemption to be had against this massive media partisanship that plagues the States. It's people like Jon Stewart. I hadn't heard of this guy before today, but he quickly earned my respect after the spectacular ass-kicking that he gave Crossfire. And he's funny too. The show went off the air a while after - and a lot of people suspect it was because of this.

Here's the video:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment